Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Breakfast Skillet



I call this "The Breakfast Skillet" because you will use lots of skillets to make it! It's a pretty heavy meal- I mostly make it for dinner or rare special occasion breakfasts.




Below, I will list the ingredients I typically use without quantities...mostly because it doesn't matter how much you put in. If you like to eat a tomato like an apple...put in lots! If you like to eat an onion like an apple...please take a picture and email it to me (and also put in lots). I like to do this when I've got extra fresh produce and leftover ham/other breakfast meats I need to use.

Choose your meat (or combine!)
Diced ham
bacon
Sausage

Choose your veggies (I use everything I have)
Green pepper
Onion
Mushrooms
Tomatoes

Hashbrowns or tater tots
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Eggs
Cheddar cheese

Start with your potatoes--they usually take the longest. Either bake or fry them until done. While waiting for them to brown, begin to sautee veggies in one skillet. Once you get those going, heat meat in another skillet. When everything is about done, cook your eggs your favorite way.

When potatoes are finished, top or mix with cream of mushroom and veggies. When I make this for 2-3 people I usually use half a can COM total.

Top with meat, then egg, then cover with cheese. Serve with ketchup.
Enjoy the meal......then get hubby to do all those dishes!

3 comments:

  1. I can't look at this blog with out suddenly feeling very hungry! I wish i could cook like this!! Alas, I have tried and it never works, so I will just covet your cooking abiliites!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks super yummy....when you gonna make me breakfast....with toast of course!

    ReplyDelete