Thursday, July 9, 2009

No Wait Pizza Dough


I am not a woman of patience. I played around with some ingredients and this dough works really well and does not need time to rise.

Ingredients:

1 cup warm/hot water
1 1/2 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 cups flour
2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp pizza seasoning (Italian seasoning works too)
1 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp parmesan cheese.

Put all ingredients into a large cuisinart on dough setting, mix until it forms a firm ball. If not, any large mixer will do, it'll just take longer to mix. You can let it rise for a bit if you like but as I said before... no patience. I roll it out as thin as I can get it (otherwise it comes out dense and heavy). This will usually make a 14 inch AND a 10-12 inch pizza.

Put on Pam sprayed pizza pan and cook JUST the crust (before sauce and toppings) at 425 for about 5-6 minutes. This prevents limp and soggy pizza (ew.) Remove from oven and put on sauce and toppings.

For a twist, last night I made a BBQ Ranch sauce by using Sweet Baby Ray's bbq sauce (I used brown sugar hickory but I'm sure any would do) a couple Tbsp of mayo and some Hidden Valley ranch seasoning. You can make it as ranchy or as bbq-y as you like. It was so delicious with the difference sauce!

Bake at 425 for 11-16 minutes until the crust edge is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment